Physician Staffing Since 1971
OUR SERVICE LINES
- Emergency Medicine
- Hospital Medicine
- Critical Care
- Urgent Care
- Sports Medicine
Clinical and Administrative Leaders
Champions for Hospital Success
Quality & Data
Our unrelenting focus on continuous quality improvement has allowed EMA to outperform most state and national averages for CMS Core Measures. Download our White Paper on EMA's sophisticated Director Dashboard, our key performance tracking tool.
EMA has a robust patient safety program that is directed by Dr. Drew Fuller, an EMA partner and nationally recognized expert in patient safety. Download our White Paper on Patient Safety.
EMA has extensive experience designing processes to optimize ED patient flow. Learn more about EMA’s remarkable performance in delivering low Door-to-Provider times, Length of Stay, and LWOTs at all of our hospitals. Download our ED Turnaround Case Study.
EMA’s investment and commitment to patient satisfaction has helped us achieve average practice-wide patient satisfaction scores in the 99th percentile for the past three years. Download our White Paper on our innovative Caring Callbacks program.
A comprehensive risk management program can plan a major role in reducing the incidence of clinical errors. EMA’s Risk Management program has helped our practice achieve a rate of claims per visit that is more than three times lower than the national average.
EMA is at the forefront of a movement to transform Emergency Medicine into the hub of a value-based delivery system that delivers high performance, superior quality and lower costs. Learn more about the innovative value-based programs and services we are providing to our hospital partners. Download our White Paper on Value Based Care.
Partnering with Hospitals for Success
Commitment to our Partners
- Over 750,000 patient encounters annually across Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia
- Visible, accessible industry-leading clinical and administrative leadership
- 100% contract retention since EMA's formation in 1971
- Focused integration with community EMS and the medical staff creates engaged and invested teams
- Agile, right-sized organization offering the scale of large physician groups and the attention and commitment of a local physician group
- Download our White Paper on ED Innovation, which explains how we support our hospital partners with innovative strategies and programs.
- Download our White Paper, "Breaking the Code," which shows how documentation can unlock the matrix to a healthy group practice, happy providers, and a productive relationship with your hospital partners.